Are you exempted of Vietnam entry visa? Check with us.
Depending on your nationality, you may be eligible for tourist visa exemption which allows your arrival and up to 30-day stay in Vietnam. Below we provide necessary information on visa types and application process.
Exemption of tourist visa into Vietnam is subject to actual condition. Please always check with your local travel agent or visa handler well in advance.
In regular situations, exemption of tourist visa for a certain period of time is granted to citizens of the below countries:
|Denmark||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Finland||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|France||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Germany||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Italy||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Norway||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|South Korea||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Spain||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
|Sweden||15 days||Temporarily suspended|
(Not applicable to BNO)
|15 days||Temporarily suspended|
If you are eligible for tourist visa exemption, you must be sure:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months following their date of arrival in Vietnam; and
- Your passport has at least 02 blank pages.
You will get the exemption stamp at the passport control counter upon arrival.
IMPORTANT: There must be at least 30 days between exit date of the first stay and the entry date of the next stay.
Regular visa requirement
Other than the above exemption, to enter and exit Vietnam you need a valid passport and a tourist visa issued by competent authorities of Vietnam. A tourist visa is valid for 15 days or up to 03 months. It is required that your passport be valid for at least 30 days later than the expiry date of the visa, however, many airlines require passport validity of at least 06 months for eligibility.
Please note that a tourist visa can be extended once you have already arrived in Vietnam.
Types of tourist visas:
At the moment, you may apply for either of the following types of tourist visa for Vietnam:
- 1 month single entry (valid for 01 month with 01 entry only);
- 1 month multiple entry (valid for 01 month with several entry during that 01 month);
- 3 months single entry (valid for 03 months with 01 entry only);
- 3 months multiple entry (valid for 03 months with several entry during those 03 months);
US tourists have one more option being 01 year multiple entry.
Option 1: Apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival
- Submit a visa application form online.
- Get visa approval letter via email.
- Processing time: 02 – 04 working days.
- Cost: service fee ($18 to 21 depending on number of applicants, paid to us upon visa request) + stamping fee (fixed US$25 paid to the government upon arrival).
Option 2: Apply for a visa at Vietnam embassy/consulate abroad
- Contact the embassy you are applying for the visa with for guidance to prepare the visa application documents, procedure and fees.
- Prepare the document as guided.
- Visit the embassy to submit the visa documents and pay the visa fees.
- Visit the embassy again to receive the visa and original passport.
- Processing time: 05 working days + the postal delivery time.
- Cost: may vary among embassies or consulates.
For further information or enquiry, please contact us.